Wall Transformation

So we have these two long, narrow windows in the room that is off of our living room. It's always created a bit of a challenge decorating-wise. I had a large frame there for a bit, but relocated that and have been on the search ever since for the right piece to replace it. Any artwork i found wouldn't be the right size, colors, etc. So i found this small wood tree pic at Marshalls the one day and thought it'd look nice, but knew it wasn't enough to fill up the space. I wanted to stay away from shelves, cause i have one on another wall in that room, and have enough little decor stuff that i didn't want to get into "merchandising" yet another shelf in this house. I've always loved those sayings you can put on your walls.. my one friend had an Uppercase Living party and i thought it was such a neat idea. Well now they sell a similar product by DCWV Home. I've seen it in the craft stores, but was a little surprised to see it at Kohls today! Price tag said $29.99, on sale for $18.99, and i had 20% off. Not bad.

I got home and went right to work. I have scrapbooking supplies that remind me of this concept, and new it would be a cinch to do. You just need a level and some masking tape, and then you rub the plastic card thingy they give you over it, pull the backing off carefully, and voila! Easy peasy! And turns out it was the perfect size for my space. I think it compliments both the new tree pic and the room itself nicely (i'll have to share pics of the space soon).

So here it is--no before pic, as it was bare, so just imagine that wall w/nothing on it!



Thanks for looking! Happy Decorating!

1 comment: