Product of the Week: Spray-n-Wash Stain Stick

I have to share with you all an old favorite of mine. This little guy has been a "friend" for many years. My mom used it when i still lived at home, and i've relied on it ever since i started doing my own laundry. I've had many friends thank me for turning them on to this product. Including one friend who once considered all of her kid's stained clothes as play clothes--and the pile for play clothes was beginning to seriously outweigh the clothes they could wear out of the house!


The Spray & Wash Stain Stick. (*cue Angelic music*)



This thing is truly a miracle in a little package. I have to say that in the nearly 20 yrs that i've used it, i have yet to find a stain that it cannot get out. And i have 2 boys, mind you ;) I recently turned my MIL onto the product. She had a huge grease stain from pizza on a fave pair of jeans and guess what? Stain Stick won another person over when she removed the jeans from her washer, and the grease was completely gone!

All you have to do is rub this onto a stain, throw it in the wash, and voila--it's like a magnet that erases the stain, so you never know it existed. Their claim to fame once was that you could pre-treat and leave it on for up to 7 days before washing. I typically do not do this, but i have let it sit for a couple days in the past and it still removed the stain, without discoloring the clothing either.

The product has been reformulated through the years, and now boasts "Resolve Power". I haven't noticed much of a difference; it still works great and is pretty affordable--usually around $2.50, and a little goes a long way. They also have a spray product that is nice for collars, but i've found the stick to be the most effective overall.

Recently, my beloved Target has stopped carrying this product, and that makes me sad. They have the Shout Gel, but it just pales in comparison to the Stain Stick. I hope they bring it back. I have one grocery store nearby who put it on sale the one week, and i went and bought NINE of them!

So if you haven't tried this product, and are looking for something to get stains out of clothing, give it a try! You won't be disappointed! And then come back and tell me what crazy stains you removed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment