Chair Re-Covery!

Since i did the kitchen post, i figured i'd share the before (left) & after (right) of the chair cushions. This has always been my favorite little pick-me-up in the kitchen. Such a simple way to update and give a fresh new look! Not to mention cheap. I usually get the fabric at JoAnns, using a 40% off coupon. This particular fabric was a little pricier, since it is upholstery fabric, but i figured it'd be good to have something more durable in the kitchen (those of you w/kids know exactly where i'm coming from!). I chose this because i thought the little "ribbons" of color complimented the new wall color nicely, and the background pulled on the stainless steel aspects of the kitchen.

I also wanted to point out something that is easily missed in the before/after kitchen pics below--my stove. Now, i've had that thing since my wedding shower. (1995 people!) It was a wondeful gift from my ILs and fit in just fine w/the apple theme. But as much as i would have liked to "trade up" when we re-did the kitchen, i thought we'd work w/appliance paint instead. Like most older appliances, it still works perfectly (they don't make 'em like they used to, huh?!), and i didn't want to test fate. I'd rather wait until the thing goes on it's own. And if i was going to willingly buy a new appliance, i'd rather add some sweet front-loaders to the laundry room ;)

So off to Home Depot we went, and we purchased the Rustoleum High Heat paint. It also comes in spray paint, but what a mess that would be! We just rolled this stuff on and surprisingly, it came out pretty good! It looks better than the almond color that it was, and doesn't stand out as much, since a lot of the accent colors in the kitchen are black. I'm quite happy with it! So go ahead--if you hate the color of your old appliace--just paint it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment